What the heck do I do NOW?

First of all, my parents are divorced and my younger sister spends the summers with my dad in another state.

I decided I would help out, and I was going to go visit my dad at the end of the summer and bring my sister out. BOTH of my parents said that they would help me out with gas since I am doing EVERYONE a favor.

Now, as I am leaving in a week, I called to make certain that everyone was still going to help. I have $50 that I was going to use for gas. That will get me to my dad's, but no further. (not including food OR room).

My dad has decided that he's not gonna give me any gas money, now, and my mom has "suddenly" gone broke and says she's not helping any more, and it's my dad's responsibility since he is supposed to get my sister back.

My husband is a cheap-o so I already know he's not gonna help me any. And I can't cancel the trip or I look like the bad guy!! What the heck do I do NOW????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Cancel the trip. Say you are sorry, but you can't afford it. Don't point a finger at those who let you down, they know who they are.

Answer by Bmat at 11:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• **that's supposed to read "bring my sister back HOME"***
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i'd say, "Let me know if you come up with the gas money and i will bring her out and come visit you, if not, unfortunately i wont be able to drive there, sorry." i bet they pony up the gas money then...and if they dont...you shouldnt feel like the bad guy, they said they would help out with gas and now their not, so now you cant afford to make the trip.
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I agree with Bmat, cancel the trip. Just be honest and say you can't afford to make the trip without their help. You don't have to be rude or hateful about it, just state the facts.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 11:09 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• However old sister is she should have had trip played as a possibility or not told until on road. But your not bad for cancelling for lack of money. However old your sister is explain everyone's money has to go for food and electricity to wash clothes and every one loves her very very much but those expenses just went up a lot making more money be used for them (every age can understand those two reasons for sure). If either grandparent has a computer set up skype for video calls. it works really well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I think ya'll misunderstood. She is already WITH my dad in another state. She lives here with our mom. She is 15.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Tell them you can't afford it. Your dad will have to figure out how to get her home.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2009