Is anyone watching the lunacy of the cap and tax bill debate?

It's on c-span right now and is making me sick. These idiots need to go.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 11:07 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• YES... They do need to go...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Oh good, I'm turning on now.
    We must save our children from pollution.... But don't worry that they are being saddled with trillions in debt for no good reason.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I would imagine Carpy, too many have OTHER priorities than politicians attempt to control and mandate Americans. Afterall, someone died, right?....  Death of Common Sense in America. 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Look at how they skirt the facts against it and go on as if there is nothing but proof for it and anyone who doesn't see is an idiot.
    I see no one mentioning that we are in a huge recession and this will not do any good for Americans.
    Transportation ? Trains? I bet they will be like Amtrac and lose money every year.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I second that! They do need to go! This just freakin bananas! WTH?!
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Well, crap. I don't have time to watch... but anything that keeps propping up Amtrak is a no go to me. They are never on time if you take the regular trains - only when you spend more than you would in airfare are they timely.

Would Amtrak even exist without the support of the government?

LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 12:46 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I can't or I won't get anything done around here - post updates? Pleeease?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Thank you for the heads up - will try to get someone at home to start recording it. ... How's it going?? Do you think we have a prayer of defeating it?

Ladies, we do realize that this will be introducing a thick new layer of red tape for everything, right? If you want to sell your house, you'll need an energy-efficiency inspection to give you a list of what you must do to pass the new codes (attic fans & insulation; "Energy Star" microwave / oven / water heater / furnace / air conditioning, etc.). Just like now you have to have a termite inspection, etc. So, selling your house will mean weeks of time and thousands of dollars. THEN you get to pay for your re-inspection. It will become so difficult and expensive to own a home, that folks will give up, only corporations will own, and we'll be like Europe where only the aristocracy owns & everyone else rents.

WHAT "American Dream" ? Where??
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Looks like the "Michael Jackson Theater" is really well-timed to keep the public's attention off of this, doesn't it??

Incredible bloviating on the Senate floor ... any indication of when the vote will be? I guess we should start phoning and faxing and emailing right away, though.

It's only 99 Senators, we can surely bombard them each with lots of pressure to oppose it.

I'm not going to stick to just contacting my own Senators (I live in California, so my Senators are completely lost causes - the majority of their constituents are gullible air-heads who confuse this bill with cleaning up pollution !! )
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• They do like to hide behind the Jackson theater...that is for sure! That's how this stupid cap & trade passed thru the house last week at 3:00 am. And the media only reported on MJ. Ohhhh...where are we headed, as a country? Makes me worried.
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2009