• In the Spotlight:

Getting grease off the wall?

My little girl smeared Vaseline on the wall. It isn't a lot but it's noticeable & there's even her little handprint right in the middle. I've tried washing it off with soap & a multipurpose cleaner & scrubbing but the stain won't come off... it's an apartment, no wallpaper, walls painted a light cream color. Any ideas?????

ta1jade

Asked by ta1jade at 11:12 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Try "Dawn" dishwashing liquid...
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I know baking soda is suppose to absorb the oli in most grease stains. Don't know if it works on walls. try making it a paste maybe?? Good luck. Did you try a magic eraser??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I use Totally Awesome All Purpose Spot Remover Cleaner that I purchased from the Dollar General Store. And it was really cheap, about a $1.25 for a small bottle. I used it on the walls for food stains and grease. It is an degreaser. Mean Green and Simple Green are also great all purpose cleaners.
    sweetmommadee

Answer by sweetmommadee at 2:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2009