does a person's religion or lack of religion sway your respect for that person?

If you find out a person is Catholic(baptist,atheist ect) would you change the amount of respect you have for that person? or would their actions and works not religion determine the amount of respect you have for them? If a person does or not believe in a higher power does that influence the respect you have for the person?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not at all!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• it doesn't affect my respect for the person. We are treat our neighbors with respect and kindness. however if a person has a different belief then mine and isn't aware of the Creators commands and perspectives then i simply do not take from them in matters where it is essential that they know these things.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 11:22 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Their religion doesnt mean much in the big aspect. Their personality, how they treat people, and such are muh more important and what gains my respect. Now, if they throw their religion around and treat people differently because of it.....then they lose my respect.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I give respect to people automatically and it is their actions and words that will affect whether or not that respect grows or diminishes NOT their religious beliefs.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Nope... My family is full of different faiths. Doesn't faze me. Now, if they try to change me, that's different. Then yes, I think less of them...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:23 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Religion has nothing to do with respect. I could care less if they are Pagan or Catholic as long as they are good people and treat me and mine with duo respect.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:26 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I agree with SbrinaMBowen... If you try to force your beliefs on me, then I may think less of you, but otherwise I don't mind what your religious beliefs are.
    IzzyAnn625

Answer by IzzyAnn625 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Respect is earned, and no, religion has nothing to do with it. There are several moms of varying faiths on CM that I respect a great deal - they are Christians, Pagans, Heathens, Satanists, Jews, Muslims, and Atheists. I respect them for their integrity, sense(s) of humor, intelligence, and open-mindedness. NOT b/c of what they believe.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• A person's religious affiliation has no bearing on how much I respect them or how I relate to them. The only thing that could make me respect someone less would be seeing them being disrespectful to others.
    But, no, I respect (and appreciate) all different religious beliefs and affiliations. I love diversity and I'm fascinated by differences in thought/belief.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Nope. I agree, respect must be EARNED.

I just wrote a journal about this last night. It's on the popular list if you want to read it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2009