anyone tried this to see the gender?

put your wedding ring on a peice of thread, hold your thread very still straight down above your belly. If the ring spins in a circle your having a girl, if its side to side its a boy. Has anyone tried this? i did it and it supposudly i'm having a boy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• its not your wedding ring its a certain metal
    and its an old wives tale
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I've heard that if it's up and down(head to toe direction) it's a girl and if it's side to side it's a boy and if it goes in a circle it's twins. I tried it this way and it was right both times. But that could be just a coincidence.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• That's an old old wives tale. We preferred the excitement of not knowing til baby there, we bought yellow and light green clothes till babies born each time of our three. Even ultraounds and amnio aren't absolutely every single time one hundred percent right every single time searched out for every woman. Which ever your hoping for Blessing to you and Family momma!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Yup old wives tale but it worked for us 2 out of the 3 times.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• First Anon, It has been said to be all kinds of things from wedding rings to sewing needles, to pencils.
    OP, It is an old wive's tale, and not accurate.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• actually its based on an exercise of trying to discern your aura. Auras are real and can be photographed with the right type of equipement. The theory is that your body "knows" whether your baby is a boy or a girl. It is also possible that your baby's own aura can influence the ring or whatever you chose to use.
    Anonymous

• I knew it was an 'old wives tale' and when pregnant with my 3rd baby I did try it. It predicted my baby would be a girl (as did the chinese birth chart thing) and both were wrong- my baby was a boy.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I always heard up and down a boy and side to side a girl and mine was right. I did it with my second baby and it said girl girl boy boy but after my third one my ex got his balls snipped and I didnt think I would ever have another but 7 years later I had another boy Whether its fact or fiction it worked for me.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 1:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I had an amniocentisis (I was old) - all Xs and no Ys.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2009