13 month old with fever, and sore legs

he cryes when he trys to stand up or crawl as if hes in pain....plus the fever

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 13 months...might be growing pains. My son is 8 and hates medicine but asks for it when his legs ache. Has your son been eating really well lately? Usually when they are going into a growth spurt they are very hungry but the otherside is joints and limbs tend to hurt. As for the fever, well it wouldn't hurt to give him some tylenol and while he is resting call your pedi and speak to the nurse. Ask if, given your son's growth chart, is now a correct time for a growth spurt. Explain what's happening and see what they tell you to do.

Good Luck.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• agree with first answer and add if baby's legs any where are swollen or if blood urine take to dr right away. Hope baby feels better. How high is fever?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Take him to the doctor and have them run a CBC. Could be nothing, but my history tells me that if it were my kid, I would be rushing them to the doctor.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 3:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2009