How much did it cost your wedding?

Are you still paying for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I've been married twice (first time to a complete loser when I was 20) and the first wedding my parents paid for and it was all paid for before the wedding. My older sister reminds me pretty regularlly how much it cost verses hers even to the penny (I'm still wondering how she found out anyway) but it was 38, 713.68. I was the youngest of 5 kids 4 girls and 1 boy so this was suppose to be the final send off so to speak. I had the designer dress, hotel reception, expensive everything else. Big party, big fun - losey marriage.

2nd time around - I paid for it and it was about 2000 bucks. We had about 30 some odd people there. I wore a dress that only cost about 400 bucks and everything else was done by a friend of a friend; cake $40, pics 100, flowers 250, decorations and favors 150, flower girl dress 110, hair & make-up by pros but for 0 mendi 40 and reception was 600 at a restaruant of a friends . Still goin strong
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Over $10,000. Thankfully I spilt the costs with my parents so its all paid off.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 11:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• DH and I spent about $20,000 for our wedding. We paid everything out cash and it was paid off before the wedding day.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• We spent a total of 2500 on our wedding. It was paid for the day of our wedding. We paid for it our selves and I handmade all the decorations, flowers, everything saved us big time by doing so. Plus we had an outdoor wedding at DH's parents 5 acre pond and a hog roast after wards.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• my wedding cost $3000 & my parents paid for it upfront. we got married in a beautiful chapel that did everything for you. we used their building, their cake person, their photographer, their flower lady, & their reception hall. my dress was a $200 & i got a deal on tux rentals ($30 for 4 guys). i bought favors & decorations from Oriental Trader & Hobby Lobby & did a lot of it myself, but we didnt need much b/c the chapel is already decorated. and even tho it was cheaper it was perfect! i wouldnt be able to get over spending more than $5000 on one day even as important as a Wedding day.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:43 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Ummm Politics and current events ????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• We spent between $350-400.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• $700 not including the rings. His aunt made the dresses (I bought the satin & trims, we sewed on the pearls & sequins ourselves), the wedding was at Christmas so we utilized most of the decorations at the church & the hall. We bought the food, family and friends prepared it for us. I made the wedding cake.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• $50 :) We got married at the courthouse.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I think our wedding cost about $500. We were married at the courthouse on a beautiful sunny day, had a wonderful dinner in a tent in my parents backyard with 35 of my closest family and friends. We both had a great time and still, after 10 years of marriage, look back at that day with great memories.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 12:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2009