IS THIS NOT GAY OPPRESSION?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsrDkkzN16g THIS VIDEO ABOUT SAYS IT ALL!

Asked by older at 11:35 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I totally agree with the message of this film. "God LOVES gays!" : )

I am physically sickened by the "Christians" represented in this film. I am sure they do that stuff, but they shouldn't. It is so mean and cruel. I don't know how they could put those shirts on thier kids. I am so sorry for all the misrepresentation of Christ that these people have shown to the homosexual community.

I always wonder, why do people think that Christians hate gay people because I don't see much of it where I am. But I guess I forget that this is probably MOST of what they see from Christians. I personally think that the Bible says it is a sin (one of many sins that we all have). But like the video said, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that WHOSOEVER believe in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16.

We come as we are, and He works in us.

Anyways, sorry for the jerks.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:50 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Why is the focus on Christians? There are plenty of people out there that AREN'T Christian that oppress Gays just as badly. And there are plenty of people that ARE Christian that stand up for Gay rights - and in return are oppressed because of their support.

I'm sorry, but as a Christian who supports Gay rights, this video offends me on so many levels . . .
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• It's aimed at Christians because the man that created it is a Gay Christian. The point was that if you want to show how wonderful your god is you shouldn't try to do it with so much hate. I thought it was a very touching and wonderful video. It made me want to cry! I don't understand how ANYONE could hate just because of who someone loves, I just don't have it in me. But as someone that grew up hearing that gays are evil and wrong and sinful, I find it overly disgusting that some of those protestors were children.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:51 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• jenni i was going to say the same thing till i read that the girl who made the video is a lesbian & a Christian. she is simply asking why those who follow the path of Jesus are filled with so much hate when Jesus was filled with love.

and its kinda unfair that the majority of the anti-gay posters are from the WBC. the hate website shown on the t-shirts is their site. they are horrible ppl & the worst kind of Christian.

however, i dont think the video shows gay oppression. but is more about Christians needing to be more about Jesus' love & less about hate.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Excuse me... It was a gay WOMAN that made the film... I said man the first time...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• also, the picture of the little boys wearing the hate website tshirts...makes me so angry! its sick that parents feed their children lies about God in the name of hate.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• nah its not gay oppression.
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 11:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• TO ALL CHRISTIANS WHO MIGHT FEEL OFFENDED BY THIS CLIP: I AM FULLY AWARE THAT NOT ALL CHRISTIANS FEEL THIS WAY, THERE ARE A LOT OF CHRISTIANS THAT SEE IT FOR WHAT IT IS A UNION IN LOVE, BUT THESE ARE THE ONES THAT KEEP THE EQUALITY FROM HAPPENING, AND THESE HAPPEN TO BE CHRISTIANS SPWEING THEIR HATE.

Answer by older at 11:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• It's a good video, it reminds me of the pain that's being inflicted on gays because of religious hate and therefore not being able to gain social freedom. The only people I've met and talked to that are against gay rights are... 1 - older people that habitually avoid hearing the news and 2, mostly - younger women who are devout Christians. Granted, not all Christians feel this way, especially I'm sure, here in CA.

I'm embarassed to say I live in a "progressive" state that indian gave gays the right to marry this year. Jerks.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 12:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• You know what this is ridiculous. Being gay is wrong. It is not normal and it is a deviation from normal reproductive tendencies. UGH. I am tired of listening to people wanting to rebel from normalcy shoving their "LIFESTYLE CHOICES" down MY throat.
    Anonymous