anyone know good chewable prenatal vitamins?

i read about pregnacy plus cal-mag. but i don't think its a complete prenatal - i "think" its to be added with your prenatals for extra calcium and magnesium...? any suggestions - i cannot swallow pills at ALLL. :( never could.

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When you find out let me know. The ones I was taking when we were TTC were great then and now taste awful. I throw them up and can't stomach many of the OTC ones. I even bought the kids gummy vitamins to double up on those in the morning and at night. It's horrible. They taste ok then the after taste later on is just nasty.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My doctor told me that I could take 2 flinstone vitamins a day the chewable ones and it would be the same as taking 1 prenatal vitamin a day.I have the same problem cant take pills.Give it a try or talk to your doctor about it and see what they say.
    krazymomma427

Answer by krazymomma427 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My doctor told me to take (2) Flinstones with Iron, they work the same as the prenatals.
    HollySebeck

Answer by HollySebeck at 11:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Flintstones here too. 2 a day every day, I took them with both my kids and was told to do so by two different doctors/clinics.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 12:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I was on I believe they were called Precare prescription chewable prenatals. The flintstones had the same vitamins and amounts in them though. My insurance paid for the script 100% though so I took those until I had the baby and then took the flintstones while nursing.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• flintstones a day, 2 times! I use the gummy ones, there tasty!

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 1:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2009