How to build up my Iron & lost nutrients?

I've been heavily Bleeding for 4 long Awful Weeks! I can't see A DR. DH 's last UEC check was for $113.00 & we hope he gets Emergency Funds. I'm Dizzy & beyond Tired & all!! What can I take for supplements? I can't afford much! But are there any tips? I know I can't be the only one suffering this Way? What do you suggest? What foods Are Best?? Is there anything I can Take to Stop/Lower the blood Flow heaviness?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 11:41 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Health

• Is there a free clinic nearby?

You need fluids and iron and vitamin K, but more than anything you need to stop the bleeding.

Foods high in iron tend to block the absorption of vitamin K, and vice versa, so eat them at different meals. Leafy greens are good for K. Meats of all kinds, eggs, mushrooms and legumes (peas, beans, lentils) are high in iron.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

In the interim, eat lots of iron rich foods, like beans, kale and broccoli. Be sure to have vitamin C with your food to increase the absorbtion of the iron.

If you copy and paste this link: http://www.soystache.com/iron.htm it will show you a listing of iron rich foods.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2009