Need some advice!

So, i'm most likely having a c-section. My little girl is breech. Im 38 weeks. We are scheduling the section on thursday at my doc. appt. My hubby is a little scared. Does anyone have any advice to help calm the both of us?

LSteckowski

Asked by LSteckowski at 11:48 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You should both know that c-sections happen thousands of times a day all of over the world. You have a legitimate reason to have one done...breech is a medical reason for a c-section and it would be unsafe for you and the baby if you tried to deliever naturally...so just so you know, your doctors have made the right "diagnosis" to prepare you for a c-section. I believe c-sections are the most popular type of surgery and the odds of something going seriously wrong are pretty slim. Good luck to both of you and congrats!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• breech is NOT a reason to have a c-section. plus at 38 weeks the baby has time to flip. goggle "spinningbabies".
    there is no reason why you can't have a vaginal birth with a breech baby. it's a bit different but it's very possible. I think there is a home birth breech birth on yuotube, check it out!
    I would wait it out. Your baby can turn at any time, including while you are in labor.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• There is still time for your babe to turn. My sister went to the hospital for a scheduled c-section and her baby turned between check-in and the pre-surgery ultrasound and was birthed vaginally.

With my second I planned a homebirth, even if I had a breech baby, though my midwife was experienced with breech.

You could also go to a chiropractor experienced in the Webster technique.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health/c-section-not-best-option-for-breech-birth/article1186104/

http://pregnancychildbirth.suite101.com/article.cfm/turning_a_breech_baby
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 12:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I wouldnt worry i would trust your doctor a c sections not going to hurt anything its alot more painful and takes longer to recover but atleast hopefully nothing bad will happen good luck
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• First I'd push it until 40 weeks, because your baby could still flip. Mine did when I was 39 weeks, he flipped twice until he was head down. I had him naturally 3 days past my "due date."
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 12:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Thank you. I am going to have to have a c-section no matter what because of the weight of the baby and because of her being breech. My doc says the baby is too far down in my pelvis to be able to turn by herself and her trying to turn the baby will most likely not work and be very painful. I have accepted that i an going to need the c section. I mostly am still trying to get my hubby not worried about it.
    LSteckowski

Answer by LSteckowski at 1:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2009