How much did you or will you spend on 1st bday party?

I am close to 200 dollars with cake, decorations, favors, food, invitations, etc. how about you

Keisha0806

Asked by Keisha0806 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have always done big parties for my son. I went crazy for my son's first. I probably spent $500.00
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• my sons 1st bday party was over 2,000 ... my ex and i both put in ...
    not sure of my daughters yet ... we were going to do a hotel pool party for everyone , but the new owners have it and they dont like mixed couples , so they wont be getting my $$$$$! lol ... not sure , her bday is in december
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 11:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Wow. I don't think I've spent that much on a birthday party, ever...

Of course, we have always had an extremely limited income, and a mortgage.

Our kids' first birthdays were not really any different from any subsequent ones: the budget was about $50, not including the gift from us, which was usually around $25. We only did cake, streamers and balloons, and very simple (candy-free) goody bags. We don't have meal-parties, because they're too expensive, instead planning for right in the middle of the afternoon when everyone's expected to have had lunch and not yet be looking for dinner -- like 2:30. We've always made our own invitations-- either by hand or from the computer printer.

I am so happy that I never lived anywhere near the competitive-birthday-party experience I've read so much about... I don't know if anyone has that, here, but I've never been around it, nor have my friends, or my kids' friends.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:58 AM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Not counting presents, about $40. A cake, plates, napkins, and a cute "I'm one" shirt. She had fun eating her first cake. We had fun eating cake and watching her get messier and messier.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• For my son's 1st birthday, we spent $100 on party decorations that were not worth it (we did Pooh's 1st Bday) and then $200 on gifts probably....for food we did snack food and stuff like that.

It was a nice party and really, we didn't spend that much.
    wyattsmommy626

Answer by wyattsmommy626 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Not much. We just had family over. I figured this would be more fun for him and for the family than having a big bash that he wouldn't understand or remember. So I made a cake with one candle, and fixed lasagna and a salad, put some money in his college account for a present since he got presents from the family. His favorite part of the party was the wrappings from the presents.

Answer by Bmat at 12:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• not counting a gift.....
    we rented a place, food, party supplies like plates and cups, decorations, invites... about the same $200
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• for my 1st it cost us about $700, for decorations the location and food

for my 2nd we are havign ajoint party> 3 and 1> cuase they are only about 3 weeks apart.. so this time its costing me about $400
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Mmmm... i think with the food and decorations it was just over $100
    But i had several family members/ friends that brought food, so that helped. We didnt actually get him a gift... we figured the party would be enuf, and he wont know the difference! he has sooo much stuff!
    luvs708

Answer by luvs708 at 12:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• my sons first was nice and simple.....SINCE HE SLEPT THRU THE ENTIRE THING!!!!! lol i finally woke him up for the cake at the end but other than that i was doing the partying lol all in all i probably only spent around $40-$50 since the cakes alone were about $30......
    Crushersmommy

Answer by Crushersmommy at 12:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2009