when you encounter a crazy nutty person that keeps shoving their religious/personal beliefs down your throat

how do you respond? After the first few replies and they still don't understand you are not interested do you go off on them? Do you ignore them all together? Do you pray for them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Usually I blow them off.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i ignore them and laugh at them normally lol

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Yeah... Like all he homosexuals who keep shoving their agenda down everyone's throats when the majority has already spoken and said we're NOT INTERESTED!!! Why is it OK for them to do that, & not much said about it, yet every time I turn around I read & heard about all the Christian bashing??!!!

Anonymous

• easy.. i explain my religion.. they usually end up not wanting to talk to me. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 12:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Yeah... Like all he homosexuals who keep shoving their agenda down everyone's throats when the majority has already spoken and said we're NOT INTERESTED!!! Why is it OK for them to do that, & not much said about it, yet every time I turn around I read & heard about all the Christian bashing??!!!

YES THIS!!
    Anonymous

• My daughter had a friend like that and she wrote back finally and said flat out knock it off, if she wanted to any thing about the other girl's opinon of religion that my daughter would ask. And she added if she can't abide by that don't communicate any more. And the girl chose to stop communicating. And good for her for recognizing her addiction to religion and honoring my daughter and dissolving the friendship.

When I get door knock religion I say no thank you and close the door. I do not converse.

And I'm this way about a lot of things that are confrontational that I don't want a part of.
    Anonymous

• I say. "wow that's incredible Jesus was such a good magician, Just like David Copperfield, way advanced". LOL
    jfblaine

Answer by jfblaine at 12:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• If they are being obnoxious & crazy (and this has only happened once or twice) I say something to the effect of "I do not wish to continue this conversation since you can't be reasonable" & get away from the person - the getting away is usually necessary because they don't ever want to stop because you say you are finished talking about it. There is no point in yelling at them & I don't pray for anyone.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I just say "My soul is just fine, thank you very much".

I have to ask, is it in life or online? If it's online, you can block this person. If its in life, I would avoid that person to all costs, if possible.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 12:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• not one particular person jenijune but mostly one person who finds every Catholic post she can and lets the world know how wrong the Catholic church is.

for the anon up there about the homosexual post, just ignore it. I do all the time. I am all for equal rights but the way one person is going about it on here is not doing anyone any good. I have read some responses and it seems like she is preaching to the choir. Most the people respond agree with the her, the others ignore her. It is like swimming in circles.
    Anonymous