Has anyone had a healthy baby with no adverse side effects to the child while taking prometrium?

I am 7 weeks pregnant and taking prometrium, 2oo mg 2 x a day. I have no history of miscarriage, but my progesterone levels were low. The warning labels say to NOT take this medication if pregnant and I am just concerned for the baby.

Lucaberry

Asked by Lucaberry at 12:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had your same concerns and am taking the exact same thing you are now. I started it at 6 weeks. I have had two babies and then two miscarriages and my progesterone started to drop with this pregnancy so my doctor started me on this. She consulted with a fertility specialist here in town and he agreed with her prescription so I have had no choice but to put my faith in them. So far I am 9 wks 5 days and have had no problems but I guess I can't really answer your question. Just know you are not alone! Good luck to you
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I have taken it with 2 pregnancies and my babies are just fine. I have known several other people who have taken it too. I actually have never heard of anyone having anything bad happen from taking it.
    luvymom

Answer by luvymom at 10:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Thank you! You ladies put my mind at ease:)
    Lucaberry

Answer by Lucaberry at 12:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2009