Is there a doctor on the forum?

I'm on anti-depressants and anti-psychotics, but I'd really like to get pregnant. What can I take while trying to concieve and in the first trimester? I know Zoloft's safe after the first trimester's completed (I have a sister in law who's bipolar but she went off her meds completely when she was TTC), but I have no idea before. Any clues?

kerothyn

Asked by kerothyn at 12:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• maybe go to a major hospital for a consult between both obs and psychiatrists? Blessings to you for taking care of yourself and being concerned for baby. You're so smart!
    Anonymous

• I was told I could take Welbutrin. I didn't trust that it was safe though and chose not to take anything while I was TTC and pregnant. You need to speak with your OB about your options and not seek the advice of strangers.
    Anonymous

• What ever meds we take for any reason at all I'm a strong advocate for asking advice of pharmacists as well as doctors and researching ourselves. The right pharmacist can be a wealth of information.
    Anonymous

• p.s. I've gotten a lot of helpful informaiton about all kinds of meds from Wegmans pharmacists. Do you have any of that supermarket near you in addition to your ob and psy. advice?
    Anonymous

• i took celexa when i had my dd, now im on nueronton but i woulnd recondment this drug b/c its class c so when i find out im preg i have to quit taking it. my dr also said that geodon , invega,and seriquill is also safe maybe u should ask ur dr about these.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Thanks for all the advice. I just talked to the nurse practicioner at my psychiatrists office and she was amazing.
    kerothyn

Answer by kerothyn at 10:46 AM on Jul. 8, 2009