all over itch

I am itchy all over I am 34 weeks is this normal? Its not real bad but it itchs!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I itch every day and every night every where but i think its most like in my head. I know that my stomach ithces because of the stretching and pulling but every where else i think i am just loseing it hehe try lotions or creams sometimes it makes it better but hot showers dont and scratching makes it worse good luck!
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• It sounds like you are allergic to something, take some benadryl and see if it goes away.

Anonymous

• That could be PUPPS, you should go look it up. Are you pregnant with a boy? It's more common then. If it is you need to go to your doctor.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 12:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• This happened to me two or three times when I was pregnant. I had dry skin so I thought I would use baby oil. I used baby oil to tan with when I was a teenager and no problems. However, when I was pregnant, I took a bath in baby oil and I got the itchies all over. I never used it again. So, think about what you used. You may be having a reaction to it. And yes, it's normal.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 12:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• When I was pregnant my legs itched like crazy. My doctor told me it was normal, but you have to watch it, because if it gets too much I seem to remember that it could have something to do with the liver or kidney. I don't mean to scare you, but I would check with the doctor.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 12:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I had it. Its called PUPPP. Go to a dermatologist, even though nothing helped the itch for me. Its terrible.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 1:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my first, I started itching really bad. It started in between my toes and fingers. Eventually it was all over. The dr told me was probably my liver and it would go away after I delivered. At first the doctor told me to take Benedryl. All this did was make me sleepy and I still itched. He then prescribed me something (I can't remember what though). Well, after I had daughter, the itching continued and got worse. I ended up seeing numberous doctors and was told that sometimes our hormones trigger somethings and what I had could not be explained. I was eventually told to take Loratadine (active ingredient in Claritin). You can buy this over the counter at most drug stores. This was the ONLY thing that gave me relieve. I started out taking 1 tablet every 24 hours and then weened myself off. It took about a year & a half though. Check with your doctor about the Loratadine. Did wonders for me!
    Anonymous