Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to deal with a Awful Father in law part 2

after all that happened my hubby spoke with his dad and told him that we where not intrested in being a part of his life anymore and that he was not welcomed in or around our home or children. well now he has gotton lawyers involved and is fighting for custudy and or visitation rights he also is sueing for elder abuse ???
this man is so off base i feel bad for my wonderfull hubby what can i do to make this go way or even help my hubby deal with something like this ???


Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • Well first and for most I would contact an attorney for a consultation. Many will give free consultations or do them for very little cost.

    I would ask the attorney if you state reconizes "grandparents rights" because not all states do. If your state does not than I wouldn't worry about anything.

    If he does go through with the law suit than higher an attorney and fight it out.


    Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

  • oh I am so sorry. What a mess. Get your medical records prepared to prove good care and dental records too. Maybe gramps is just pissed and blowing off steam. I woudn't get a lawyer yourself unless he does first and some how your contacted about something. Good Luck!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2009