If you think the earth is only 6000 years old, do you mind telling me why?

I have heard this a few times and I am wondering why you think this way and how you explain stuff like niagara falls where there is proof the earth is older.

if you don't believe this please let those who do believe the earth is only 6000 y.0. answer, i really do want to understand why some people think this.

drink-lover

Asked by drink-lover at 12:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have to admit that my reasons are purely religious in nature. Although, there has been some scientific evidence to suggest there are flaws in the carbon dating system leading to miscalculations of thousands, if not millions of years. I am searching for actual documents online right now to support that so you can see them for yourself.

I do want to point something out, though. For years we Creationists have fought to be heard - we have fought to prove the fact that the theory of evolution is just a theory and that Intelligent Design should be taught alongside evolution as a possible alternative. However, we all need to remember that Creationism is only a theory as well. They both have basis in science, and they both have scientific proof debunking them. With that in mind, a theory is a theory is a theory.

jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Why would you ask for a logical explanation to a belief that is based on denying logic?
    Anonymous

• thanks anon, I am sure I am going to get an answer now that you had to throw a hateful comment.
    Anonymous

• As for the 6000 year old thing, again, it is only religious for me. I can give you a biblical time line that supports that, if you like.

Sadly, there aren't many unbiased Creationism sites, just like there aren't many unbiased Evolutionary sites, so any "proof" I give you can, and probably will, be shot down b/c of the religious aspect of the site.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• jenijune, what flaws? I am not saying I beleive this but it is interesting. Personally I don't care how old the earth is so I spend very little time thinking about it.
    Anonymous

• i have no idea why my answers keep coming up anon
    Anonymous

• LOL, that's funny. I found a couple of sites to explain it:

http://www.essortment.com/hobbies/carbondatingac_szhq.htm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/09/080910104202.htm

http://www.factsplusfacts.com/carbon-14-turin-shroud.htm
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I meant you coming up as anon was funny, LOL
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• LOL it has a logical explanation LOL I am watching desperate housewives and wasn't watching what I was clicking. I think i was taking the mouse down to far and double clicked. I have to leave but I will look at the sites you gave later.

I don't really have to leave the house I just want to finish watching the show :-)
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 1:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• LOL!! I am a DH junkie too - DH just downloaded the entire series for me!! I'm in the middle of season two . . .
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2009