• In the Spotlight:

Is the whole MJ thing taking away from more imortant news?

I was disgusted to see cnn report of a serial killer in SC just killed a teenage girl and her dad. The only coverage given was a tiny strip on the bottom of the. Screen so it would not interrupt the interview with jemaine jackson. I didn't know his pscycobabble was so important. I feelthey deserved more recognition than that. A woman lost her child and husbandfor God's sake!

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i agree i am sick of it
    he was NOT that special
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Well maybe but this will settle down and go back to normal very soon. I have great appreciation for MJ and his achievements so it doesnt bother me. I am quite interested in his life and tribute. Besides murder isnt something I really want to hear about anyway. The news can be so depressing. Granted MJ's death is not good news but its more a celebration of his life than anything. If they were to cease the coverage for more newsworthy things, it shoudl have been the US soldiers killed in Iraq on July 4th. Thats newsworthy. Elisabeth was mentioning this on the view today and even though she had good points, sherrie and whoopi got all over her again. It is taking away from other events, but it will eventually end and hopefully we will get caught up on the world. However, the latest murder and rape would not be what I want to hear about.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I liked him too, but a serial killer is kind of a big deal it wasn't just some random shooting. Serial killers(remember ted?) can travel and I happen to not live too far from there. I could think of many other happenings that are news worthy that deserve a little more recognition too. That's just one example.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Yes, tired of it here too.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• the news on MJ's death hit me pretty hard because his music plays an important role in my childhood memories, and I understood that the news was all about him and E channel interrupted the shows with MJ specials the day he died and a few days later same thing..., but 2 weeks later and it is still going on..MJ this, MJ that... it is getting old. War coverage can get old too if thats all that's talked about, But it is much more important imo than a pop star.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i agree.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• It is taking away from more important news and I am sure Obama and CO. are enjoying it right now. They got Crap and Traitor passed in the House while people mourned the loss of a spoiled rotten celebrity who pretty much killed himself by over medicating himself for imaginary problems. We wonder why our country is tanking our priorities are messed up.

Anonymous

• I'm too young to have "Grown up" on his music...so I just remember him as wierd and trying to become a white person
    Reshel

Answer by Reshel at 1:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• If it were any other pedophile, pervert or low life there wouldn't be that much coverage. But since it was MJ and he invented the moonwalk then the media feels he deserves more publicity.

I fully agree with the Congressman from New York who said that MJ is a child molester, pedophile and a pervert. He should have never gotten this much coverage over his death. It's a slap in the face to MJ's victims and their families.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Yes, let him rest in peace and let's get on with life!
    Mumof3kidz67

Answer by Mumof3kidz67 at 2:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2009