Can't get over it...

Okay, my SO and I have been together for 6 1/2 years and we have two kids together. About a year ago we seperated and I ended up moving out of state with my children while he stayed. I was gone for about 8 months before we decided we wanted to be together, however he had been trying to get me to move back after about the first 2 months of me being gone. Here is the kicker, I found out about this girl that had been hanging around him quit often, and soon realized him and her were dating (through one of our close friends who just couldn't keep it a secret any more) but my SO denied it till the end. Well in fact she was almost living there, they were together the WHOLE time he was trying to win me back. Eventually I went back to him, but I still find myself looking at this girls myspace page often. I don't undestand, it's like i'm drinking poision expecting the other perosn to die, why can't I just get over it and move on

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• (cont'd..) He has explained the situation to me over and over again, and i'm not jealous of her in any other way (I feel I have way more to offer than she did, plus I look a whoolle lot better than her, after two kids and all).... but it's just the fact that she feel in love with him and he let her in that really bothers me. I even have dreams about her and it puts me in a bad funk everytime. I don't know when or if I'll ever really get over it. Is this normal behavior or am I being obsessive about the whole thing????
    Anonymous

• I think its normal to feel the way you do. You know your love was with this person and it hurts but you and hubby are suposed to be starting fresh. Somehow you have to put this behind you. I work with 2 of my hubbys ex girlfriends and have to see them everyday and one of them I cant stand just because I know she still loves him and we wasnt even together when he was with her. Its normal to have this resentment because of the fact that you know they were together. I dont really have an answer as to how you deal with this its just gonna take some time. ood Luck!!
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 1:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Oh my gosh girl I know exactly where you're coming from.... except with my situation we were only separated for three months and it wasn't 1 girlfriend it was three one night stands while he was trying to win me back....

I took him back and at first I was always looking at these girls on myspace. It just made me so upset and mad and sad all at once but I kept doing it.... it started affecting our sex life (Sometimes I didn't even want to touch him or have him look at me)... We fought about it a couple of times but then over time I just got over most of it... I figure that time does heal most wounds... just give it sometime...
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 11:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2009