My 10 month old is now terrified of the bathtub!

Ever since I dipped her toes in the ocean (which frightened her), she screams in terror when I go to put her in the bathtub at night. Before this, she loved the tub! Anyone every experienced this or have any thoughts?! THANKS!

Allison66

Asked by Allison66 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put water in the tub and let her splash and play with toys while standing outside of the tub. You can wash her while she is doing this with a wet cloth and soap. Would she let you sit her in a dry tub and wash her with cloth and soap? Then you could rinse her with water from a cup, or get one of those hose things that attaches to the faucet. Or use only an inch of water- you can still get her clean with very little water in the tub. Or use the kitchen sink?

Answer by Bmat at 1:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Get in the tub first and then see if she will get in it with you. Having mom in there might help. You can even put on a swimsuit if you want to.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 2:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Give her a "shower" with a detachable shower head.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 4:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• maybe get new bathtime toys, or bubbles, or colored bubbles or crayons for the tub to let her know it can still be fun, or water shoes, that's worked for someone I know. or go in with her the next couple times?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2009