What's the difference between a homemaker, housewife, & Stay At Home Mom

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• nothing, really. It is what it is in the eye of the beholder.
    Anonymous

• It depends if your a mom or just a wife or a mom whose children have left the nest already. Some people whose children are all grown but they still stay at home call their selves homemakers. Women who don't have any children but stay at home call their selves housewives and women who have children that still live in the home call their selves SAHMs. But then again it doesn't matter you can call yourself which ever one YOU choose to call yourself.
    Anonymous

• Homemaker - Someone who provides a homey environment.

Housewife - A homemaker who is married.

Stay at home mom - A mom who does not work outside the home.
    Anonymous

• I say not a thing. If you are a mom and decide to stay at home with the children (SAHM), you decide to take upon ALL job duties including but not limited to cleaning, childcare, running errands, cooking, etc. (Homemaker). Yes, all SAHM's, Homemakers, Housewives, deserve a break and should absolutely take them alone, regularly. But, I don't think it would be right to decide to stay at home and not take care of home & everything/everyone in it.
    Anonymous

• I say there really is no difference except if you have no children. Other than that, they basically do the same things.

Im a wahm aka, stay at home mom and I take care of my kids, husband and home, just like the other titles. Basically thats what they are TITLES.

Looking to make some easy money? Go here,

http://cashcrate.com/355883
    ma6

Answer by ma6 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• A homemaker and a housewife do not necessarily have kids, obviously a stay-at-home mom does.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I think they are basically the same things, except the SAHM indicates that there is a child/children, rather the other two don't. So until August I guess I am a housewife and then after baby is born I'll be a SAHM. Although, I prefer to call myself Domestic Goddess regardless. :)
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• A homemaker: Martha Stewart.

A housewife: A woman who wears a piece of PVC pipe as her wedding ring, has a deed for a marriage certificate and sleeps with aluminum siding.

A SAHM: A woman who does not have an additional job above and beyond caring for her children and family..it takes every moment as it is.

I don't think there truly is any such thing as a housewife. And I'm not so certain MArtha Stewart is real either.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2009