How to disapline my 3 yr old

My boy has recently started to not listen and when I tell him no he just does it anyway, he's driving me crazy, its got to the point that when I tell him "Do you want me to spank you" he tells me yes, and he thinks time out is a game and doesn't understand he is being punished, He is constantly jumping off EVERYTHING, I feel like I have tried everything and nothing is working, a little help please!

NicholeAT

Asked by NicholeAT at 1:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Give him choices, such as. If you don't stop then you will be CHOOSING to have this toy taken away, something like that. 3's are a million times worse than 2. You have to hit them where it hurts, like a favorite toy or movie or something. Like if he chooses to not eat dinner, then make sure you have dessert and eat that dessert in front of him and if he complains, tell him that it was his choice to not have dessert because he chose not to eat dinner. I found that worked better with my youngest. I wouldn't make an issue out of it, just made it plain and simple. Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2009