When Hanging Clothes Outsdie ..Do you have any tips to make them less crunchy? lol

I have decided to start hanging out my clothes and linens outside. I love the smell of the fresh air.. although I don't like how my clothes and towels are crunchy! Do you have any tips or ideas on how to make them soft like out of the dyer?

Cinderella423

Asked by Cinderella423 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Use liquid fabric softner and don't use as much detergent because it won't all rinse out. I never hang my towels out, though. I hate the way they feel!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 1:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• They have a softener spray they sell.
    Anonymous

• I do this to my sheets..my trick is I dont leave them out there all day.I put them out there towards the end so they wont be so crunchy..and if I do put them out earlier I wont leave them out as long
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• You can also put them in the dryer after you take them down for a few minutes to "fluff" them. You're still saving on electricity in comparison to running it all day to completely dry each load.
    Anonymous

• i do the same as anonymous... fluff them for like 2-3 minutes in the dryer...
    peekab00

Answer by peekab00 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I use extra liquid fabric softner... I hang my clothes all summer..
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• yep, fabric softener then when you bring them in (not quite dry yet) throw them in the dryer and fluff them

Answer by admckenzie at 6:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I don't. I have horrible allergies and to use clothes or towels that hung outside would be really bad. My grandma used to take the clothes off the lines before they were completely dry.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I don't use any fabric softener, but I do take the clothes/towels/sheets off the line before they are completely dry and put them in the dryer to finish drying. It helps fluff them up and get the stiffness out yet the outdoors scent still stays with them.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• I use extra fabric softener as well. We also have VERY hard water out here and i do add a lil baking soda to the wash cycle as well
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 9:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2009