when do you make the change from crib to toddler?

my daughter is One and she has been getting her leg over the top of the crib. she likes to jump also and almost looks like she is going to jump out. The crib is already at the lowest point.

dewey_scoles

Asked by dewey_scoles at 1:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she may be ready for it to be a toddler bed now, i put my dd in one at 15 months
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I put my son in a toddler bed at 13 months cause he kept escaping out of his crib.. plus we needed it for his sister as soon as she was born we put him in his bed. He loved it!
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Never. We went to a twin bed at 15 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• About 18 months to 2 yrs.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 2:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My son was in a toddler bed just after his first birthday for the same reason; he kept trying to climb out of the crib. My daughter is 18 months and we haven't moved her yet, since she's not trying to climb out yet.
    Kethry

Answer by Kethry at 2:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• about 14 months. My suggestion: if your crib converts to a toddler bed then use those attachments. I personally would not buy a toddler bed for that year or so before switching to a twin bed. My dd's was given to us. To get your daughter to adjust, put the matress on the floor so if she falls off it's not so far to the ground. At 14 months, my dd fell out of the bed once in her toddler bed and hasn't since. Also, to get her to stay in her room, I shut the door and all her toys are in the living room so she will sleep at night. Just before bed, I open her door so she can get me in the morning.
    GL!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2009