Confused??

My baby is now 12 weeks old, he is extremly fussy! He will not sleep during the day at all. If he does fall asleep, he will only sleep on me. I bf and was wondering if he is not getting enough milk. Im starting to wonder because he has not pooped in 2 days now. He still has wet diapers is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He might be constipated, you might want to take him to his pediatrician because that is a while for him to not have gone.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I am sure he is getting enough milk....

It is very common for bf babies to not poop for a couple days. If you think he is constipated, give the pediatrician a call and they can help you out.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I agree, he might be constipated, you might want to pump your milk, to see how much you are getting out. He is also at a growth spurt and although breast milk meets nutrtional needs it might not be satisfying him. But I would call the peds about him not pooping
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• If you only bf then it's normal for them not to poop. My son sometimes didn't poop for over a week and it's totally normal. They just use every ounce of nutrients you give them while bf and so there is nothing left over. As long as he still have wet diapers he's fine. Ask your Doctor at your next check up if you're really worried about it. Second with the crying, is your lo teething? My little guy got teeth and 31/2 months so i would start looking for that and see if orajel (sp?) or tylonel helps. I hope this helps good luck
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 1:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I didn't bf, but I used mylicon when my baby got tummy aches. She would get fussy and some times gasy. It work wonders and it is not harmful at all for babies. Even though I didn't bf, my baby also got constipated once in a while and I have been told that is very common for bf babies to not poop for days at a time.
    Anonymous

• Also (in regards to the previous poster), you can get an idea of how much milk he gets from pumping, but never rely on that. The baby will get out much more than a pump will, even the best of breast pumps are no match for the baby!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2009