What to do when you know you have a lot of risks in your pregnancy but your doctor isn't cooperating?

I am thirty six pregnant and have had a lot of complications. I am still working and a single mom dealing with the children that I have here with little to no help. My doctor wants to hospitalize me and monitor me for the conclusion of the pregnancy. what options do I have at this point.

worriedmomof4

Asked by worriedmomof4 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you have had complications during your pregnancy,I would listen to the doctor.you dont want to tell him no,and them something happens to your child. if the doctor is telling you something,its for a reason. thats what I think
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• though I agree with PP, I feel for you, I have a 2 year old, and If I had to be hospitalized at this point I would be screwed, I too am a single mother. I guess some would argue that's our problem, but who are they to talk. You have all the rights in the world to refuse treatment, your number one priority is too look after your children that are living an breathing NOW. but if it could affect your health you also will need to take that in mind, because you already have living children. Is there a Gram or a sister that could watch your older children?

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 1:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• depending on what's wrong and your insurance you might be able to get holter monitoring with visiting nursing care all at home. But usually obs don't hospitalize pregnant women unless there's a high risk of problems. You're allowed to understand why he says hospital is best but its' better to ask while you there to get care the fastest and the talk later about home visiting nursing.

Family members to help you? Church women's group? what state are you in?
    Anonymous