Maybe a weird question

but if you have older boys like 5 6 or 7 yrs old or something and a baby girl, do you let them watch you change your baby girl's diaper? I wouldn't..I don't know maybe I'm too sheltering or something??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, I do. Why hide the parts? Use the correct terms and move on. You will only invite intrigue by hiding her parts. For the most part the boys don't even care or notice much.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Um, yea, never had an issue with that. My kids bathed together when my youngest was a baby. My kids are 5.5 years apart.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Why not by sheltering it you're just making them feel like something is wrong. Changing a diaper isn't a major event it's part of life when you have babies. If you have older children diaper changes are part of their life too. But on the other hand i do think that you should be aware of who is around you when you change diapers. There are a lot of sick people in the world and you want to keep yourself and your family protected.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 1:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I'd have no problem with that and didn't when my youngest was born, close to your kids ages, sexes were oldest boy and two youngest girls.

if your not suggestive sexually, and hiding at that age can be, then boys won't pick up on baby's parts being sexual. If they ask what's that about genitalia you're not a bad mom at all for not using correct language and just saying its' where pee in girls comes from.

The older two are not going to suffer sexually or emotionally for now at this time or any other time for not being told now correct words for sister's body parts.

Do what makes you comfortable considering your older two kids personalities. If they're both quiet kids sure teach anatomy 01. if they gabbers and very very gabby all around and inquisitive you might prefer just being general about sissy versus their own body parts.
    Anonymous