How do you deal with your child behaving badly in public?

what methods and such.. do you employ to bring your childs behavior back to acceptable area's?

MAKEMYDAY101

Asked by MAKEMYDAY101 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• I dunno, I only had that problem with my daughter really, usually I would ignore her behavior, yes it was bad sometimes, she would walk behind me crying. But I didn't give any credit to it. Sometimes when she would throw herself on the ground, I would look at her and say "You need to be louder because the people on the other side of the store can't hear you" and I would walk away. Other times, I would pop her little butt, I've never been afraid to discipline my child in public, Oh and I've also put my kids in corners in public places as well. It's a hit and miss thing I think
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• If they throw a fit in public then we stop the shopping cart and take them back to the car and tell them their going home and getting time out and no juice, no tv, no candy, nothing! If they throw a fit while we're walking or something we get down to their level and tell them their doing wrong and it's not right to throw fits especially when others are watching. Usually they stop once we get to their level and we're eye to eye, they get scared.
    Anonymous

• Usually all it takes for me is to look at my son and tell him he isn't embarrassing me and he stops.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2009