How do you keep your ADHD child drug free?

My son has ADHD and is on meds but it just doesn't seem to work. I would like to know what do you do for your child to function normally without the meds.

Asked by LaniGirl72 at 6:08 AM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Take him to the chiropractor. My chiro treats ADHD without meds.

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:33 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I give both of my boys vitamins. Many new studies are showing that ADHD can be caused by a lack of certain vitamins. What I give my children is Magnesium, Calcium,Zinc, Vitamin C and B-complex. When they take these supplements there activity level reduces significantly. good luck

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 9:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I would change his diet. The red dye # whatever in most kids kids juices are shown to cause this. Also a stesdy routine is important for him to eliminate any stress. Less t.v. and more reading to him out loud. Hope these suggestions help.

• I give my daughter extra Omega 3s. She gets 2 tablespoons of flax oil a day in a smoothie. I also correct her behavior gently in order to teach her how she should behave. SO far, so good.

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Have you gone to the book store there is a book on herbal meds for adhd for kids

Answer by littlered79 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• You have sex everyday...............I cannot imagine and we are 22 years...OMG!!

Answer by rosetoes at 11:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• i have learned to keep in in the activities he likes the most and use them some how in the activities he doesnt like.

Answer by sagegreen at 6:51 PM on Aug. 29, 2008