WHAT BEHAVIOR IS ACCEPTABLE TO EXPECT FROM A 6 YEAR OLD IN PUBLIC?

TELL ME WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT FROM YOUR CHILD AT THE DOCTORS OFFICE, OR THE GROCERY STORY...

MAKEMYDAY101

Asked by MAKEMYDAY101 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• It depends on the situation. At the doctor's office, I would expect a six year old to sit quietly and read, or play quietly in the play area (while I freak out at the thought of all of the germs); if it is a long wait, I would read to/with her or play with her. At the grocery store, a six year old can help put groceries in the cart and may not whine.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I expect them to behave, period. At 6 years old they know to behave in public.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I agree....unless they have a disability where they are unable, they should be able to sit quietly and refrain from acting up for a little while.
    Anonymous

• WHAT I ASKED THOUGH WAS WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU CALL BEHAVING... HOW DO YOU DEFINE IT..
    WHEN YOU KID IS DOING... THIS , THIS AND THIS... I CONSIDER THEM BEHAVING WELL....
    THAT WAS THE KIND OF ANSWER I AM LOOKING FOR. THANKS.
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2009