If California is so broke

why are they spending $4 million dollars (yes, that's government money, not the record label or his family) on a dead pop singer?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• what I love is how prior to michael jackson death he was a freak and a pervert after his death is the king of pop? What the heck?
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 3:27 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• They're not, they're asking the family to pay for it! Sorry but I watched the news last night and they asked the same thing and a rep from Ca said the family is paying for everything so there is your answer!!
    Anonymous

• They're not (paying for it, that is)...... AEG won't pay (nor will the family....)....... the TAXPAYERS are footing the bill! (Oh, and "fans" were asked to "contribute") Disgusting! I mean, I'm all for letting a man RIP, give him credit where credit is due.... but damn! Overkill, imho!
    Anonymous

• y are they spending millions of dollars revamping the prison health care system. Who knows but it makes you want to stop paying taxes doesn't it.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 1:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• They may have asked, but so far it's still all taxpayer money:

"Donations are being accepted to help defray the costs of providing public safety, traffic control and related costs associated with the Michael Jackson Memorial at the Staples Center. Please submit your donations by check payable to: 'City of Los Angeles".
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Also, it's not the sate, it's the city footing the bill unless the Jackson's step in and do what is right.

Anonymous

• Please submit your donations by check payable to: 'City of Los Angeles".

I know a few cafemoms you should send the address to. They are all about the people 'flocking' to see MJ... LOL... Maybe they should support the cause.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• They have public events all the time and police are needed to calm the comotion. And I think Ca needs to not give inmates so much damn freedom, we just cut our CO's pay by 10% and a lot of the oldies are planing on quiting because of it, so I don't know what CA is doing! I know the price of tags went up as well by 100%, instead of $100 we're paying over $200 for those stupid things! I think all CA politicians need to take a F*&%en pay cut, those dumb asses don't do sh&^ anyways!! I'm tired of paying for stupid things!! If we're paying for this MJ thing then those people who won the tickets and sold them on ebay for $10k need to give that money to CA. Yes that is right people sold them on ebay for over $10k and there was at least 10 different people selling those tickets so that is well enough to help pay for some of that memorial!!
    Anonymous

• I heard that the Jackson family wants to quickly but legally bury MJ on the grounds of Neverland, and then turn it into a "Graceland" type of shrine, allowing tourists, to generate income, while the family moves in to the mansion--which MJ was about to lose.
    Anonymous

Oh shut up already!
    Anonymous