How long does it take the vaginal entrance to shrink back down after you give birth?

I know the uterus can take up to 6 weeks to return to prepregnancy size but what about the vaginal entrance?

Also how long does it take the cervix to shrink back down?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It all depends on how long, tough labor was. Sex is not advised after birth for at least six weeks I've even heard longer for vaginals than that and sections longer yet. Remember your body's been a house for a squirimng little one for about nine months, that takes time to reshape.
    Anonymous

• probably 6 weeks all together. After 2 weeks I could tell it shrinked a lot, but I wouldn't do anything for 6 weeks, because you want to give your vagina some healing/shrinking time without being penetrated.
    Anonymous

• 6 weeks... and even then i didnt feel normal.
    JEM86

Answer by JEM86 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2009