After birth how long it is suppose to health my baby is a month and my vagina is torn

Why and how long will it take to come together....Any advice please!!

Leilany1019

Asked by Leilany1019 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • I dont understand your question? reword it.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 1:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• you're saying you didn't get stitches afterward and your tear still hasn't healed?

it should only take a few weeks to heal fully and, it should definately come back together and start to heal within a day or so. if you still have an open wound, see your dr asap!
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 1:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• If your vaginal walls tore you must have had stitches? They'll probably self dissolve but still a couple of months 8 weeks at least til activity starts again at least 8 weeks after a normal non complication birth til being active again. your body's got to rest from holding in baby for so many months and hardships of birth however baby born. did you post this same question just a little bit ago today worded differently? just wondering.
    Anonymous

• If your wondering how long it takes to heal, it usually takes 4-6 weeks. I felt totally normal after 6 weeks,
    Anonymous

• Your baby is a month old and you vagina is torn? If you tore enough for it to be a problem then they should have stitched you up.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 2:02 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• well no i didnt posted this differently and its been a month and my tore hasnt healed or closed. I wasnt given stitches because it was a small one but i looked at it through a mirror and it is still torn and I though it was fast to heal from this.
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 2:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• You should be able to see your doctor even before a six week check up. Give him a call mom. I'm sorry you're in pain.
    Anonymous

• it took me a good two months if not more to fully heal. chances are i tore inside as well as out so that made it take longer. give it time, you're body knows what to do.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• See your doctor. In the mean time, taking a warm bath and add 1/2 Epsom salt + 1/2 baking soda. It will not only feel good, it will help you heal faster.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• thank you all for the advice !!
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2009