Ovarian cysts

I have a cyst on my left ovary. My old doctor refused to do anything about it because im only 21. Just recently it has sarted coming back and it is VERY painful. I have switched doctors and would like to see if my new dr will do anything about it. My only problem is that I dont have insurance so any type of surgery would be too costly and I'm getting tired of switching my bc because it either messes with my attitude or it doesnt help me at all. Any ideas on what I could do?

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 1:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Health

• If the BC pill doens't work, then your sol. They usually don't do surgery on cysts unless they look "suspicious" Hormone therapy is the best for ovarian cysts
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I had my right ovary removed when I was 22 because I had 1 that was 2 times the size of the ovary. I have heard that birth cotrol can shrink cysts, maybe that. I have never been able to take birth control. You may have to have surgery. Most dr.'s should let you make payments and so should the hospital. That is what I had to do. It should not effect your abilty to have kids at all to have 1 ovary removed. I had my little girl with only 1 ovary.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 2:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• If your having fevers with the cysts like I did you should at least be on antibiotics and you'd know if they burst, feels identical to labor pains. Some ovarian cysts are deep down and others are not. I had ones deep deep down and know someone who could feel hers through her abdoment high up.
    you'd have to prove need physically to the docs to do anything not just emotional pain. Once you get a fever from them usually that means the cyst has ruptured and then it'll self empty usually with the help of antibiotics.
    Anonymous

• In this day and age few few doctors and hospitals even work out payment plans although rarely some do. About no insurance, through your county there might be a low cost health clinic for you.
    Anonymous

• I dont think I've ever had a fever with mine but its hurts like a SOB when the damn thing bursts. When we first found out I had it, the sonogram showed that it was 2.5 inches. A month later they did another sonogram and claimed it was gone but I was still in pain from it. it keeps coming back and bursting.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 2:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2009