What the heck is up with Obama? Isn't Beluga endangered?

http://www.reuters.com/article/GCA-BarackObama/idUSTRE56657E20090707

The former KGB spy then invited Obama for a black caviar breakfast -- complete with a Russian samovar, smoked beluga, pancakes and tea -- on the terrace of his residence.

Peta was pissed about a fly? Am I missing something or is this some other type of beluga? AGG it makes me sick to think about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i think you're confusing the whale for the sturgeon. as far as i know, the beluga sturgeon is not endangered and is often served with caviar.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 2:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Well what applies to the rest of us obviously doesn't apply to Obama.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Should he have been rude to his host and refused? Then you would be saying that he was an idiot for not knowing the refusal was bad manners and that it was a sign of him not being qualified to be President.
    Anonymous

• Umm, I think you are thinking of the whale.
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Nope he would be an idiot either way in my unsolicited opinion... Yes Mello, you are correct there is a Beluga Whale and a Beluga Sturgeon. I am guessing he ate sturgeon and not whale??? Though I don't now that for sure myself.

mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I think this is silly. The man was an invited guest. It would have been rude for him not to accept and then everyone would be up in arms over how he was rude and how once again he doesn't have manners when dealing with international guest and dignitarians (sp?). I can think of 1,000 things to get up set over in regards to the President but this nor that fly swatting incident is NOT one of them.

I think it's okay for us to certainly judge the man when it comes to running this country but what he swats at, eats, wears while on holiday and what he washes his hair with (just some examples of what I could careless about) is something I leave alone. In other words I DON'T CARE.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• The whale is not endangered but the sturgeon is. People don't usually eat the meat, though, so I'm assuming it's whale.
    Nzumbe

Answer by Nzumbe at 2:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• a lot of people eat sturgeon
    Anonymous

• The whale isn't indangered? Then why is the federal governement putting restrictions on AK water space for the few that swim past?
    My response to PETA. They're group doesn't make or push laws in foriegn country. The USA citizen's are the only one's who gave up some of their freedoms to thier special interests.
    The whale: It's already dead, you're not going to save it's life by refusing to eat it.
    So let't try to focus on things that effect us?
    Anonymous

• As long as we aren't paying for it, I don't care what the man eats.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2009