How old was yer kiddo when u moved from the safe baby swing to a big kid swing?

My daughter is 3 years/1 month and at both the park and our home swingset I am still encouraging her to use the baby/toddler kind so I can relax and enjoy her giggles without being paranoid of how high we're going in case her little tiny butt wiggles out of place and she goes *SPLAT* on the ground below

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 2:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my son turned 3 last month. there are days he goes on the big swing but he doesn't swing very high. I push him super high on the baby swing so he still prefers that one.
    Anonymous

• My son will be 2 at the end of the month and he rides on the big swing. He wants nothing to do with the baby swing!! He's fallen off onto the grass (about a foot), but he's pretty tough, especially when play's involved. And he wasn't really swinging, just sitting. There was no "splatting" involved! lol
    Anonymous

• My daughter started using the big swing when she was 3 & 1/2. She just didn't get the point of holding on at first & cried when she fell off. Luckily they have this basically rubber ground under the swings @ the park we go to. She got the hang of it & loves going super high!!
    jfblaine

Answer by jfblaine at 2:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• About age 2 or 3 depending on the child. When they seemed ready for it...
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:05 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• about 3 1/2. she didn't fully understand the concept of pumping her legs until a few months ago (she's 4 1/2)
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My 2 1/2 year old goes in the "big swing" when he will sit still and swing slowly/not so high. when he wants to go high and fast, he knows he has to go into the "baby swing". But that's mostly by his choice. He did fall out of the "big swing" but there was no splat.

I don't even let my 5 year old go high enough in a swing so he would "go splat". He might bounce and/or get hurt, but no one is going to splat. I don't know that they make swings that high.
    Anonymous

• my girl started at the ago yours is now but 6 mo. later she's still trying to figure out doing it herself (swinging her legs).
    kira_5105

Answer by kira_5105 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2009