Can Child Protective Services be called by the School if I decided to stop sending my child to this school?

My friend's daughter had an accident at school. The child is in special needs school. The child is using an arm brace for the fracture.
She is not going to send the child to this school anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• Technically they can call if they believe that the child is being withheld from school in general the mother has to go through the proper channels to get a transfer order and get her either transferred or home schooled. if she has done this then no they cant
    btw did she report the school for allowing her child to get hurt and also she should keep all documents relating to the injury in case they do decide to call cps that way she can show she had good reason to transfer her daughter
    hope shes okay too
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 2:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• She needs to put the child in a different school, or actually home school the child, otherwise it's illegal. I assume that the schools report it after a period of time has passed.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I think it would depend on the childs age and if she has made other arrangements for her schooling.
    Anonymous

• What is your friend planning to do? Send her to another school? Homeschool her? As long as she follows the state laws and notifies the school of what she is planning to do, there shouldn't be a problem.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• The mom needs to advise the school as to why the child won't be attending and give a forwarding address as to where the new school is.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• She has to let the school know why she isn't sending her any longer, where she is going to attend (if applicable) and how she is continuing the child's education.

If the mom doesn't do anything, then yes...cps or other authorities can be called.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• My sister had a similar problem. She notified to the school. But still CPS knocked on her door.
    Anonymous

• Can Child Protective Services be called by the School if I decided to stop sending my child to this school?

Yes they will to cover their a???
    Anonymous

• manscomomma
    What is your friend planning to do?

I think that my friend said that she was really angry that her word was not taking into consideration when she demanded for the school to provide home instruction.
    Anonymous

• YES.. THEY CAN IT IS CALLED CHILD NEGLECT..
    The doctors and school people will say she is not providing her with adequate help and care for a child of special needs.

I know this cause my doctor just told me that if I removed my son from medications or special needs programs at the school he would call cps.. because I would be "neglecting my son's needs."

I know my son has a few "quirks.." however I don't beleive he has as many or as large of a problem as they seem to.. HOWEVER I do know the school gets more state and federal funding for the kids it can have diagnosed with adhd/autism... etc..

I had taken my son off his meds.. and was planning to remove him from occupational therapy.. WELL THAT HAS BEEN NIXED.. CAUSE I DONT WANT TO DEAL WITH CPS..

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
    I hate that there is very little parents are allowed to do with their kids that someone can't call cps on them for.
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2009