At what age can a baby have yogurt?

Is there a paticular kind that is better?

J.P

Asked by J.P at 2:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I fed my kids plain yogurt about 6 months.. I love the new yo-baby
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 2:24 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I gave it at about 7 months, I think. They hated Yo-baby. I just gave them regular yogurt that I would eat.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Yoplay-it has Dora on it- and they make baby food yogusrt gerber does but it is hard to find. I dtarted at 9 months- but make sure no chunks in it.
    Anonymous

• 6 or 8 months. Yo baby yogurt is best because it's made with whole milk. Babies need the fat for healthy brain development.
    Anonymous

• Also, yoplait children's yogurt is PACKED with sugar and artificial coloring. If you're fine with that then that's fine but I wanted to post that, just in case you didn't know.
    Anonymous

• make sure it has active cultures in it my baby had thrush and i gave him some and it helped clear it up its a natural bacteria that helps keep ur mouth clean
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Ive always heard 6-9mos. My daughter has a lactose sensitivity so she'll need the "soy baby" but the "yo baby" is sometimes sold in the natural food departments!
    MommyFlood

Answer by MommyFlood at 6:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2009