So last night at like 4 am I woke up with severe pain in my ribs. It felt like someone was putting tons of pressure on my ribs and organs. I could barley breathe. How do I relieve this feeling?

While sitting up in my bed I finally fell asleep at about 8 am! and it still hurt I was just so exausted that I couldnt stand it. IDK whats wrong with me but Im only 21 weeks. Is this normal to feel by now? and why did it last for 4 hours and not let up? How do I fix this.

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 2:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your baby has an arm or leg wedged under your ribs, and yep that hurts pretty bad. You can lay on your left side, go for a short walk, change potions, and lightly nudge the baby with your hand. Any of these might get your baby to change positions. Some women have luck getting the baby to move (I did, thankfully). Other women have their babies poke their ribs until delivery.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• When i was pregnant with Kayden he would stick his toes between my ribs. It hurt so bad, I would get up in the morning with bruises. It could have been the position of the baby. Try walking around a little and drinking some cold water or juice next time, maybe that will help.

Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• is he supposed to be that high though? Im only 21 weeks!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2009