Anyone have some recipes that save money also?

I'm looking to expand my cooking and also save money.

mommylovesu28

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Don't throw out those bits of food that are leftover in the pan, put them in a plastic bag or container that you keep in the freezer for this and use them in soup and stew. Even tossed salad works in soup. Peel old bananas, wrap tightly in plastic, thaw and mash for banana bread and smoothies.

Answer by Bmat at 2:34 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I have a TON of recipes. You can find them in the Dave Ramsey fans group, there is a post for recipes. I also belong to a Cooking from Scratch group, Frugal moms group and other recipe groups. I also started a blog that I'm steadily adding recipes to.

I feed my family of 4 adults and 3 tweens on $250 or less a month for all groceries.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Past the age of 2,the only beverage humans need is water; don't buy juice, milk, soda, etc., except as a special treat. Cook from scratch. Replace meat with beans, seitan, lentils & tofu. Cook dried beans instead of buying canned. Make your own seitan. Whole grains, like whole wheat pasta & brown rice, may cost more than simple grains, like white rice & pasta, but they are more filling &more nutritious, so they really are the better value. Frozen fruits & vegetables often cost less than fresh; they have the added advantage of having a longer shelf life & holding their nutrition longer. Once or twice a week have breakfast for dinner: yogurt with frozen blueberries & whole grain cereal or an omelet with veggies & a little bit of cheese with whole grain toast. If you would like some delicious, healthy & family/budget friendly recipes, feel free to contact me

Answer by rkoloms at 4:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2009