How do I get my 2 year old interested in potty training?

Please help! I am trying to get Tristan to start potty training but I'm still not sure if he's ready yet. When I put him on the potty all he does is scream his head off. I feel bad so I let him up. What can I do?

howardb14

Asked by howardb14 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He's probably not ready. My son just turned 2. He didn't start getting interested untill he saw his sister going. She's almost 4. I don't urge him to watch her in the bathroom 'cause I think it's kinda odd. But one day she left the bathroom door open & he happened to see her & was interested. He started asking her why she was doing that. Then he would ask her all the time "bri bri (she's Brianna he calls her Bri Bri) "do you have to go potty?"...then he wanted to sit on the potty & try. He's still not potty trained. But he goes a few times a day. You may want to have him watch someone go potty. Are you using a small potty? Most kids will be scared if you just sit them up on the toilet 'cause there's not much for them to hang onto.
    jfblaine

Answer by jfblaine at 2:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Here is a site with information for you! Really great tips and quizes to see if your son could be ready! The also give advice on situations to overcome. GL and I hope this helps!!!

http://www.parents.com/toddlers/development/potty-training/
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2009