what should i do i cant find a job.

i have been looking 4 a job an cant find any1 that hires me im starting 2 feel down and like im not being the best mom an woman i can b

DANITASANGEL

Asked by DANITASANGEL at 2:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• Danita-good for you for looking! As an "old person" here is some advice- I see you type like you are texting, you can not do that while job hunting. If you are filling out applications and spelling and grammar are not something you are comfortable with, take it home and get some help with it. I know the world appears casual, but it is not. Dress nicely, spell correctly and use your best, most professional speaking voice. I am not judging you, I know since you are trying you are a good person. Just some advice from someone who is probably older than you and has been there!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• The unemployment rate keeps going up and it is very discouraging. I do have a few suggestions, though (I do career and job search coaching).
    Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others.
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Looking for a job is a full time job, and sometimes you need to be creative and design your own job.
    Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, in addition to coaching.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation.
    - Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 3:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• If you are looking for a legitimate work at home JOB which comes with a weekly pay check? Or are you looking for MLM scams? If you want a pay check there is only one website: StuckAtHomeMom.com No Scams like fake survey sites or MLM. You won't find much to sell, just jobs that come with actual pay checks. StuckAtHomeMom.com was featured on the evening news because it is a trusted website.

Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 6:45 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• HAve you considered your own Business from Home?? I can't tell you how rewarding it is. I get so excited when my Hubby tells me how proud of me he is!!! With Ameriplan you aren't making cold calls and you aren't a Sales person. It is really fun and my team is the best! They offer us Daily PAy~Benefits~401K~5 managed websites. Let me know if you would be interested in some info :) Good luck in your search, I know how you feel and being prego those feelings were multiplied :(. God Bless girlie!
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 8:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2009

• A home business is a good alternative if you are disciplined and are ready to work. I actually quit my job because of amazing stress at my job and now have control over everything. If you are interested in learning more about my business check out my web site www.marywozniak.myarbonne.com
    Best Wishes
    Mary
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 10:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2009