Are there certain items you will NOT buy generic? milk, kechup, mayo?

My DH will not drink generic brands of milk. My sons will not eat any type of kechup but Heinz. They also will not eat generic cheese; it must be Bordens.

Anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• mine would be sliced cheese...has to be kraft singles
    silly7

Answer by silly7 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• just Q-tips. If you really want to use generics, just keep giving them to your kids, they will get use to it. Mine did, but it did take a while!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I am the same way, I dont think my family cares it is just me! Has to be Kraft cheese slices, Heinz ketchup, and Kraft Mayo! There may be a few more things but I cant think of them right now! But I do buy generic things also but just not everything!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 2:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I refuse to eat the fake OREO's! Only the real OREO's for me.
    jfblaine

Answer by jfblaine at 2:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Nope. We buy generic everything, just about.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I found generic soaps and detergents aren't as good, so I buy whatever name brand is on sale.

Answer by Bmat at 2:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• have to have teh Jif peanut butter. I will buy gen if funds are low. yeah my spoiled hubs was like only wonder bread and Jif pb and Welchs grape jelly. nope we eat alot of generic just have to have Jif and Coke a Cola
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I buy a lot of generic things, but there are a few items that I will not buy generic:

The only brand of tea I'll buy is Luzianne because it's my favorite.
    The only brand of milk I'll buy is Mayfield's because it comes in a yellow jug, and it tastes better than generic.
    The only brand of asparagus I'll buy is green giant because I tried to buy the generic once, and it didn't cook right.
    The only brand of yogurt I'll buy is Stonyfield Farm because that's the only kind I can find that's not made with corn syrup and doesn't taste nasty.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 2:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• The only name brands I buy is for my laundry and dish soap, diapers, Parkay butter and Mr. Clean. Everything else is generic. I will buy name brands if they are cheaper (when they are on sale)
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 3:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Macaroni & Cheese (gotta be Velveeta shells & cheese), Heinz ketchup, Folgers coffee, CoffeeMate creamer, Lipton tea, Stoffers Lasagna, Ore Ida fries- and for the weird one - I prefer generic soups over Campbell's soups.

Seems like a long list, until I take into consideration that I will not buy anything else name brand unless it happens to be cheaper.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:04 PM on Jul. 7, 2009