Divorce advise...

I'm a mother of two, one of them his. My 2 year old is by someone else who is not a part of our lives, my two month old is his. We are low income as it is, but he won't let me work and is verbally and physically abusive towards me. He treats my 2 yr old less than favorably. I want out but have no family, he won't let me have friends, and obviously no money. What can I do? We live in TN.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Find a shelter. I know it's not the best place, but they can help you find a job to take care of your children.
    Anonymous

• Just pack your things and leave! Go to a shelter like said above, I am sure no one ever sees themselves like that but it will be the start of a new begining! In the mean time you can apply for some jobs online! The worst thing you can do is stay in a horrible place! Your children deserve better!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 2:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• call your united way. explain what's going on also their displaced homemakers organization. ask a minister to emotionally support you andhelp you make calls.

you have no family or your family and you don't get along? if second is it because they didn't like him? if so they might help you now. ask a friend or minister to call them for you.
    Anonymous

• Get to a shelter. Right now.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2009