What is the deal with Kate Gosselin?

I have only been watching this show for a short while. I think the children are adorable. I don't get the mom though. I saw a video of her with her children before an interview about her book. The children were complaining about being thirsty. Kate says to an asst. can I get a bottle of water. She then opens the water takes a drink & offers NOTHING to the children. One of the twins (not sure what her name is) tells her she is mean to drink that right in front of her. Kate then says you can have a drink after we have to go on the air now. WOW!
Kate seems really selfish to me. I can't see how she can write a book on parenting advice when ALL I have ever seen from her is selfishness & just bossiness! I know bad choice of words. I have seen the way she acts towards her husband & children she just seems like such a prim a dona to me like her children are dollar signs. Anyone else feel the way I do or am I just being judgmental?

ylily67

Asked by ylily67 at 2:50 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Entertainment

• Nothing new.
    Anonymous

• When the show first started -- I mean even before they were doing a full series -- when they were just showing updates on her and the kids, I thought she was much more down to earth. I think she was still a bitch to Jon, but that was his fault too for letting her treat him that way all that time.

Money definitely changed the two of them. And it's sad. I just hope the kids can grow up without being damaged by it all.
    Anonymous

• that's what happens to people once they smell that good ol dollar bill it all goes to there head.
    she was a great mom before they got rich of the show now she just a diva wannabe
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:54 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I know Kate she is a bit OCD but is actually a very nice person. Jon is a stuck up snob and I have never liked him. It always amazed me she allowed the show to be cut the way it was. She loved Jon so much and would allow herself to be the bad guy so he looked good. That is just how she is. She is a great mom you see small snippets of their lives and not a full picture. Her family and Jon's family are not great people. They all wanted a piece of the action. Kate put a stop to that and they hate her pretty much. Those who are her real friends which are few and far between since so many want to make a buck off knowing them know the real Kate. The Kate that cries because she knows if they don't do the show they will be sued at this point. The Kate that knows if she does not be the female dog everything will be even more chaos that it is now. The Kate that has been waiting for Jon to grow up the past 10 years.
    Anonymous

• Cont.

Kate is not perfect but she is not a monster.
    Anonymous

• I totally agree!
    Anonymous

• I don't think Kate is as bad as people say... She's a bit of a control freak but you would have to be with that many kids...
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 4:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• at first I liked them both, then when this whole divorce thing started I thought it was all kate's fault, but after watching the first 2 episodes of the newest season, I think jon is a lot like my brother in law and just needs to grow up. I think he is going through some kind of mid life crisis and is going to really regret what he is doing! not that we know the whole story. they have always 'seemed' like good people, I think they just got caught up in everything.
    nico409ant

Answer by nico409ant at 4:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Kate wants to be in control, but she really isn't. The kids are. Just like in any other family, the kids rule the roost until they are old enough to know better. They were BOTH not ready for this kind of responsibility, and now it is starting to finally show it's ugly head...
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I think Kate is raising 8 children, going through a separation/divorce, dealing with the "P" people, dealing with backstabbing family. Who am I to judge. I would like to see that video tho throw me a link if you don't mind. Was it resent because I've seen pretty much every episode and I don't recall that, but I am a mom and have kids of my own I may have been mothering at that time...lol.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 7:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2009