How to start a workout plan

I'm a little over two hundred pounds. I have two children. Tristan who is two and Jon-Micheal who is 5. I was lazy and didn't work out after I had my children and then on top of that gained tons of weight during both terms of being pregnant. I need to start working out and am finally ready to get started. The only problem is that everything that I do seems way to advance for my body right now. What can I do to get my body used to the working out and lose weight and work myself up?

howardb14

Asked by howardb14 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• couch-to-5k, if you google it you will find the program steps. it's made for your situation. i lost 4 lbs the first 2 weeks. it's not a program you 'sign up" or pay to get.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 2:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I would start with simple changes.
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Replace meat and dairy with bean, lentils and tofu
    You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 5:23 PM on Jul. 7, 2009