a question for survivors of suicide

A friend of mine recently commit suicide. Since his suicide I have felt this dark presence linger over me and sometimes I hear unexplained hissing. It is only when I am alone and it gets really bad once the sun goes down. What I'm trying to figure out is if I am losing my mind or if it is something more on a spiritual level? Has anyone else ever experienced something like this and if so how did you fix it? It's entirely possible I am just losing my mind and I have put in a call to psychiatrist waiting to hear back from him now.

katiekruschke

Asked by katiekruschke at 3:22 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• In my opinion I would pray to God and ask him to keep the bad spirits oway from you and your home
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:25 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• It's possible that you want to feel him so your subconcious is playing tricks, it's not a bad thing. I am very religious but I don't believe that the dead communicate with us so in my opinion it's your mind helping you cope with his death.
    Anonymous

• I think anon could be very right here.
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• but it's not helping it's hurting I have been driven to the brink which is why i called my doc I also dont believe the dead can communicate with us but you may be right in its own demented way it may be my mind trying to sort through everything
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 3:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• the dead can communicate. and someone who committed suicide, might not be able to communicate to you in the way he wishes and that is all he can get out and its coming off as scary and demonic because of the place it is ocming from and the darkness that surrounds him
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• if it was me, i would try to talk to it...but be careful on that one, if you have never done this sort of thing before it can get a littel hairy
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Didnt you ask this question before?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i believe that people that die before there time stay down here on earth.my feeling is i would try to communicate.
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• There is no punishment for suicide. That is a belief perpetuated by certain religions. If you are of a religion that believes suicide is a sin, then I'm very sorry. But, IMO you are trying to cope with a hard situation and loss of a friend and your mind is playing tricks on you. Spirits don't wait for it to be dark and scary to visit you. That is just usually the times we look a little harder into the darkness or listen a little closer to the wind blowing; and therefore, start remembering every bad ghost story, demonic tale, etc. If your friend IS trying to communicate with you, I very highly doubt he is trying to scare you or haunt you or bring 'demons' around. I agree somewhat w/ a previous poster that stated it may just be hard for him to figure out how to communicate effectively and/or you are just interpretting the communication as 'bad' b/c of preconcevied notions about suicide.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Get a smudge stick, have someone do a blessing, see your therapist and don't try to communicate with anything.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:41 PM on Jul. 7, 2009