Being induced tomorrow and real nervous

My doctor says that our son is about 5 lbs 8 ozs. My actual due date is this friday but she wants me to be induced tomorrow night. She says that everything else is fine like my fluids and his heart beat and his growth other than his weight. this is our first and im real nervous. Im afraid there is something else wrong. his movements she said are fine. Now i understand inducing if the baby may be too big for a first timer to push out, but small? She said that he may not be getting enough from the placenta. Could there be anything else? Is there anything i can do to calm my nerves about tomorrow.

CJK_2009

Asked by CJK_2009 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • not really your about to have a baby so trust me there is not much you can do for the nerves, best thing you can do is sit down put your feet up and relax cuz tomarrow your life will change and you will have a wonderful healty baby, good luck and congrats!
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• congrats! i was terrified (i was induced too). there is most likely nothing wrong....maybe she wants to induce you because she will be the dr on call tomorrow or something like that. :) dont worry :) it will be ok
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• Your doctor would tell you if she had any other concerns. If your doctor isnt concerned about delivering him a few days early than dont worry. If hes do Friday then he can come any day. Early or late.
    I too was induced but it was 2 days after my daughters due date. But of course she decided to start coming that morning anyways.

My advice is to, take a long relaxing bath, watch a movie that you will get sucked in to and GET YOUR REST!!! Tonight will be your last night sleeping on your own.

Good luck! Best wishes!
    BelloItaliano

Answer by BelloItaliano at 3:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• baby's weight can be off as much as 5 lbs. if i were you, i would not have the induction. your baby could just be petite.
    how did she determine that the baby is "too small"?
    Anonymous

• There is no reliable way to determine a babies size until it is born, i assume you had an ultrasound. They can be off by 2 pounds or so (not reliable at all). Even if your baby is that size, that's not that small at all, plenty of babies are born at that size. If i were in your position i would not agree to an induction (assuming there are no other health issues involved with your baby).
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2009