epidural help???

for the moms who wanted a natural childbirth, did you end up getting pain relief and if so how long into labor until you needed some pain meds...and for the moms who did have an epidural did you get any sideaffects?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had wanted to try natural, but I was induced, so that shot that out the window. And being induced can bring contractions stronger and closer together faster. I was induced at 6:30 am and finaly got the epidural at about 4pm.

I eventualy had to have a c-section and had a spinal after that epidural....after 2 hours it wore off and I was fine, no side effects
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I made it all the way through child birth without any drugs. I think my success was solely based on the fact that I had a Doula (paid labor coach). She knew all sorts of tips and tricks keep me relaxed and help with any discomfort I was feeling.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:42 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i had an epidural and had no negative side effects
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• I had an epidural and LOVED IT! I even had a small tear, so I was still numb while she put stitches in. No side affects.
    K.Lacy

Answer by K.Lacy at 4:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• i went natural. it was amazing! i think it's one of the best accomplishments a woman can have. i don't know how far along you are, but just keep positive thoughts in your head that you will have a natural birth and that you will be able to handle anything that is thrown your way during labor (i did this and i think that is what got me through it. plus, women having been doing this since the dawn of time w/ no meds. so just knowing that other women have been where i was and got through it helped me)
    plus, after the baby has been born, you have such a short recovery compared to medicated and c/s mom's. also, your baby will be alert after he/she is born.
    Anonymous